WELCOME TO SCOTT REGIONAL TECHNOLOGY CENTER!
Cub Pride - November 25th, 2014
You’re on Your Own: Now What?
Students at Scott Tech will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and insight from many of our community partners on Friday, December 5th. We will be culminating an employability activity where students will have completed their resume, a job application with cover letter, and met with employers in the community within their program area of study. The theme for the day is “You’re on Your Own” (YOYO). The goal of YOYO is to provide information to students to help them in the job market, in college, or with day-to-day experiences when they are on their own. The following twelve presenters representing our community partners will offer the following sessions to students:
1. “Before the Interview: Getting Your Foot in the Door” – Anita Prow
2. “21st Century Skills” – Jasen Jones
3. “Career Preparation” – Jeanie McCleery
4. “College 101” – Laurie Woolfolk
5. “Employer Panel” – facilitated by Jeff Meredith; Chuck Brewster, Jack Schultz, Pam Evans,
Tina Felder, and Doug Edgeman
6. “Generational Differences” – Lindsay Haymes
7. “Life Skills Every High School Graduate Needs” – Tammy Blaylock
8. “My Bank Account” – Amanda Lee
9. “Quality Improvement: Doing It Right the First Time” – Eric Merriman
10. “Texting” – Jay Jastal
11. “Hey, I Want to Spend Time with My Friends.”- Jason Smith
12. “Dining Etiquette” – Peggy Spurlock
Styled like a professional development activity with each student choosing three 30-40 minute sessions to attend, these interactive activities will give students exposure to skills and situations they will have to use or will encounter when they are on their own. Thank you to our presenters and community partners who help to make this a great day and an invaluable learning experience for our SRTC students.
No School....November 26-28.
Veterans Day 2014
Students of the First Quarter
Students of the First Quarter.
Bus evacuation drill
Scott Tech students participate in bus evacuation drill.
Area Counselors visit Scott Tech
Area Counselors visit Scott Tech for Fall GSOS meeting..
Scott Regional Technology Center
Preparing students for an ever-changing world!.
Two David Sippy Dr.
Monett, MO 65708
(417) 235-8270 Fax
7:30-4:00 M-F Hours
Mr. David Miller, Director firstname.lastname@example.org